Get The 411 On Bathroom Mold in Phoenix
Bathroom mold is one of the most common problems in any Phoenix household. Provided you haven’t let it get out of hand, it’s also one of the easiest to prevent and cure. If you haven’t experienced bathroom mold, you may not be looking deep enough into the corners of your bathroom.
If mold has begun to grow in your bathroom it’s wise to remove it immediately. A sponge, cloth or scrubbing brush will work to clean mold off most bathroom surfaces. An old toothbrush works great for hard to reach places where mold has begun to grow.
Bathroom mold is prevalent because mold loves damp, dark, isolated spaces. Typically, a bathtub, shower, or entire bathroom remains damp enough for mold growth just from showering or bathing.”
Frequent Causes of Bathroom Mold
- Lingering moisture caused by lack of ventilation.
- Leaky toilets, sinks, and plumbing pipes.
- Damp materials such as rugs, wallpaper, grout, drywall, paper products, wood and fabric.
Finding the Mold in Your Bathroom
Mold isn’t always obvious, it’s a good idea to check out hidden areas, such as access doors to the shower and tub fixtures, under sinks, around exhaust fans, even in the crawlspace underneath bathrooms
Your best defense is to try and prevent mold from occurring in the first place.
- Use the ventilation fan in your bathroom when you shower or bathe, and leave it on for 30 minutes following the end of your bath. If you don’t have an exhaust fan, you may want to install one.
- Maintain your Phoenix household humidity levels below 50%. An air conditioner or dehumidifier can help with this.
- Use a mildew-resistant shower curtain. Wash or replace it frequently.
- Avoid keeping bottles of shampoo, shower gel, or toys in the shower. These items provide great places for mold to grow and hide.
- Wash your bathroom rugs frequently.
Getting Rid of Mold
As long as the infestation isn’t large, you can take remedial measures yourself:
- Strip away and replace any caulking or sealant that has mold growth.
- Clean your bathroom with mold-killing products. You will want to open windows and doors while cleaning to provide fresh air and help dry out the mold.
- Consult a professional for larger problems. Removing walls can release mold spores into the rest of the house and create an even bigger issue. This is not something you want to attempt on your own.
Do you still have questions or concerns about mold removal in your Phoenix bathroom? Contact the service professionals at Overson Restoration. Overson Restoration is here to resolve any of your mold removal needs.